This past weekend, I took class # 2 of 6 for the last half of my 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training. As a recap, below is a summary of what my homework was, and what I did to prepare for the second training class:
- Create a theme-based class (I created a (pretty tough) class on balancing)
- Complete yoga vision board **Complete!
- Begin a daily mantra/meditation practice **I decided to start with 5 minutes a day, alternating between using the mantra “I am” and just sitting in silence. I had to journal about how it affected my life, if at all.
- Complete online module **Completed. I took a survery to find out what type of learner I am – and I am about equal parts of visual (40%), auditory (30%), and hands on (30%).
This weekend, I spent 8 hours learning how to Educate – Create Workshops that Wow. Below is a recap of what went on in those 8 hours:
- Taught part of the theme based yoga class I created from my last homework assignment (Balance)
- Learned how to market a workshop (design flyers, cost, details, etc)
- Chose a theme for my workshop
- Began research on my workshop
+ 2 Hours of Workshop Presentation & 8 Hours of Attending Other Trainee Workshops (for a total of 18 hours)
Homework due at next module in October:
- Put together a workshop – pick a theme, research it, put together an outline & a marketing outline. I will be creating a “Journey to Handstand” workshop… who in Columbus wants to learn how to handstand?? 🙂
- In addition to the daily meditation practice, write down 3 things I am grateful for – so start a daily gratitude journal
Overall, the whole class went really quick! I really love all of the girls in the training with me, they are all amazing people and yoga teachers. It makes sitting all day learning a lot easier 🙂
I’m off to Europe in a few hours.. If you want to follow my adventures, add me on snapchat – my username is neens06!
Until next time!