Adapted recipe from Marks Daily Apple!
Crockpot Adobo Chicken Lettuce Wraps w/Coconut Aminos
- 1-2 lbs boneless Chicken Breast (or 2.5 – 3 pounds bone-in skinless chicken thighs (about 8 thighs) (1130 to 1350 g)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (60 ml)
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (120 ml)
- 1.5 tsp powdered ginger (or 1 3-inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 tsp powdered garlic (or 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or 1 teaspoon peppercorns (5 ml))
- optional: onions (i left out)
- 1-2 cups of organic brown rice
- Head of lettuce
Mix all ingredients in crockpot except for last 2. Cook on high for 2-4 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked. Cook brown rice & prepare lettuce cups while crockpot is cooking chicken. When all food is fully prepared & cooked, top chicken with brown rice & spoon into lettuce cups. Feel free to omit rice and add veggies if on low carb diet (shredded, cooked carrots, etc). Enjoy!